Wednesday, May 9, 2007

On Changing Career or Transferring Jobs

As I continously struggle to find the right career path, last Saturday I found 2 articles that somehow have given me additional insights on what shall I do. We all dream of going abroad because we believe that it is the only way that could help us be able to support our family well. All the Filipino people find a way or two to be able to get out of the country. Though I am still on the process of reflection (tama ba itu?), Let me share to you this speech by Summa Cum Laude of UP this April 2007.

I have told my Dad about it. He hasa negative reaction. He says, that may be applicable to those people who never had big problems financially. As we all dream of having a stable job and career, competitive salaries are so few in here. So we tend to go abroad and find a Job even if it is not related to what we have studied in college. Hay..Different point of views, but both are right. Makes it more complicated for me to choose.

Another article was from Betty Liu, a CNBC newscaster, in here she points some important facts before changing career and/or transferring jobs. As it is vague that we rarely land on our desired job, we still need to plan ahead to be able to find the right work for us. Hope we made the right choice. Hope it is not yet late. Hehe..=)

No comments: