Saturday, May 28, 2005

Against all the odds...

Invictus
Out of the night that covers me
Black as the Pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever gods maybe
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the scroll
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.
*** William Earnest Henley***
As i cud remember, this poem was introduced by my english teacher back in high school, at that time i was a stranger. For the reason that i am new to the school that i've never dreamed of studying..but i have no choice but to be a good daughter..and it turned out to be especially during my first days there..as a one hell of a batch!!! (as a negative thing.. ***sigh***) I promised to myself that i will never let anyone step in my dignity..the RESPECT i have for myself and for others...but during those times..and also to my current situation..once again this wud test the thing i hate the most..my patience to other pipol..as long as i know wat is right..i will never agree to the injustice and unfairness that is going around with the environment that i am with right now...
i want sincerity...
and truth...
and peace of mind...
Thank you Lord for the patience i have now..i know this is on challenge to mold my maturity..i hope others will see..i'm tired of battling for unfair things that is happening around my world..and only God knows it..hope I could talk to you once again...hmmmm
nina is not feeling good today... : (

No comments: